Guys:
Recently, I was able to pick up a set of 416-8C woofers on the cheap to put into a set of woofer-less Flamenco cabinets (I took the original 416-8As from the Flamencos and put them into my 825s to make A7s). I also replaced the stock Flamenco's 807 symbotik drivers (I know these are weird Flamencos) with 902-8Bs that were sitting around. With the stock 809 crossovers and the midrange level turned down, the speakers sounded really good. As these are technically no longer Flamencos and closer to all ferrite model 19s, I am looking for ideas to improve them further. Some of my thoughts include using model 19 crossovers, as well as modifying the cabinets to increase the internal volume so its gets closer to the model 19's 9.5 ft**3. Level. I believe the current Flamencos internal volume is somewhere around 6.8 ft**3? I am thinking of replacing the back panel and building a stand beneath them ti gain the extra space. What do you guys think? Are my estimates of the internal volumes correct? Or should I just leave them alone and enjoy them as they are. I missed my model 19s (never should have sold them) and maybe this is my way of getting them back.







Bookmarks